Thursday, February 12, 2009

In my own words

My lovely friend Winnipeg princess posted a blog all about me!!!! Yeah that's how cool I am, I get a whole blog post.

In her post she talked about friendships and honesty. Now I am a very blunt person, I don't really think about how people are going to react. Should I???? maybe but I don't.
I honestly don't want to make the time to stop and think how will person A react and what about B.
I would rather say what I'm thinking, if people are hurt with my comments I wish they would speak up.

Now your probably thinking but how would you keep friends being so blunt???
I will admit I have lost some friendships well one to be exact because of my bluntness. She thought I was to insensitive, and I thought she was too sensitive. Had I known that I was going to far with her, I would have stopped kinda... Instead of being honest with me, she let her hurt feelings fester.. Oh well

Now in the princess blog she talked about how blunt and honest we are with each other.
I love the fact that we can do this, and as far as I know it has always worked.
She mentioned photos I pushed away, don't remember doing that, but I was probably bored.
I called her a wanker, which BTW love that word, don't care what it means, and she hopefully knows I'm joking, which is why I used wanker as opposed to Bitch, slut, skank, and so on!!!!!


I would much rather have the princess answer the phone and say I don't want to talk then to have her use a lame excuse, or have her sit there and listen to me chat about Zelda, and get irritated... BTW Zelda.. best game EVER.

I'm starting to think that people are confusing what being Blunt is all about. People seem to think its about being rude or something. Its not for me. For me its telling the unvarnished truth, no sugar-coating. Less room for you to misunderstand me. I don't use it as a tool to hurt feelings, cause that's never my intention.

I think I have rambled enough for the month...

Princess you know I love yeah NMW.....

1 comment:

Princess of the Universe said...

For the record, your Zelda stories are pretty amusing- I just used it as an example because I seem to vaguely remember laughing at what a ridiculous conversation we were having...

And yes, you're right- "blunt" and "hurtful" are not the same thing...

xoxo