Sunday, November 16, 2008

I love my Mom but sometimes....

Yesterday I spent the day with my Mom and Aunt. My Mom wanted to hit a few stores, and ever since she lost her eye I have been nominated as the driver.

Now normally I don't mind doing this, I love my Mom, but sometimes I would love to knock her out.

Shocking I know, but my Mom was in one of her moods which consisted of asking me a million questions. I'm sure your asking but bitter server what kind of questions could you poor old Mom ask to illicit such a violent reaction.

Well I will tell you, the questions were about boys and me, or the lack there of...

It starts off with... Have I met anyone yet.
No Mom I have not
Why not? Don't you like boys anymore??? Your not Gay are you???

No Mom I'm not gay...
Then why don't you have a man in your life???

And on and on it went with my Aunt backing her up.

My Mom equates happiness with men, I think.

For the most part I'm happy with my life, and like most people I would love to share it with someone, but so far I haven't found that special someone.

My Mom thinks I'm not trying to meet anyone. I guess shes kinda right cause its not that big a deal to me. If I meet someone cool if I don't cool.

I just wish that my Mom would drop the subject, and accept the fact that I'm O.K with being single.

Plus my dream has always been the crazy cat lady!!!!!

2 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

Well obviously having a man equals happiness - didn't you know?
Aw honey, I feel your pain here...
xo

James said...

This always mystifies me greatly....because when a woman HAS a man she often (to us) seems to act like she doesn't want one at all....