Monday, October 27, 2008

Im crazy

SO this weekend I did a crazy thing..... I picked up a stranger!
I know not a good idea with all the crazy things out there, but I couldn't resist.

I looked into her big brown eyes, stroked her golden coat and fell in love... I brought home a dog, well actually a puppy. I'm totally blaming my Mom for this.

I wasn't really ready to welcome a new family member, and I'm starting to think I bit off more then I can chew..

At some point I was going to get a DOG, not a puppy. I have never trained a puppy before and its kinda scaring me.

Also I was going to get a medium sized dog, the puppy I brought home is going to be a big dog. She is a Akita/Shepard mix.. oh boy.

so far the potty training is going O.K, at least I think so. I go out for a smoke once an hour and bring her with me. For the most part she has been going outside.

Sunday Willow, my new puppy, and I had a disagreement about her bone. I tried to take it away, she growled at me, and she bit a chunk out of my hand... OUCH.....

Now all I can think is that my puppy, almost took my hand, what is she going to do when shes full-grown.

Since shes a puppy she is chewing on everything, and I'm afraid for my cats. What will happen if she ever catches on of them?????

I'm hoping that we can work out these issues. If not I will take her back. I have 20 more days to decide if she fits.....

Does anyone have any tips or advice for me????

1 comment:

James said...

That first sentence was a shocker haha..all sorts of thoughts were going through my head.

I used to have two big dogs. About the food thing....it is absolutely ESSENTIAL that you take the bone away and give it back when YOU want to. Don't let the dog get away with that. It is NOT cruel it is showing him/her that YOU are Top Dog.

Likewise NEVER feed the dog first before yourself. Do that and you are showing him that HE is more important than you in the pecking order. He must wait for his grub until you have finished your meal.
Follow these simple rules and he will know his place.