Sunday, October 5, 2008

My dirty little secret

Now that I have your attention, I will share my dirty, filthy, gross secret.....
Are you ready?????
I am a smoker.... Yeah I know smoking kills, blah blah blah. Your not the first to give me this news flash, nor will you be the last.

I'm not even sure how I started. I had my first drag when I was about 8. My first full cig, when I was 10. I became a full smoker when I was 14, I just moved from Calgary back to Winnipeg. My only friend at that time smoked so I guess I should too.

When I started school that fall I became friends with the Princess, who strongly dislikes smoking.
Not even her influence could get me to quit... I was the only smoker in the group..


Like all smokers, I hope one day to quit, and not cause its unhealthy. I want to quit so smoking doesn't rule my life.

I hope that in the future, when you meet a smoker, you don't judge. We all want to quit for the reasons you think we should, and all the other ones that you don't know about.
Don't tell us that smoking is bad, smelly gross cause duh we know this.
When we do decide to quit, support us, and don't ask how long its been. It just reminds us about smoking, and all the good times we had.

thank-you for reading, I'm off to have a smoke. LOL

4 comments:

James said...

Laundry Fairy smoked like a chimney from age 13 to about 21, when she got pregnant with our first born. After he was about 1 she started again, then would stop every time she got pregnant (we have 6 kids) for the sake of the babies. I could never understand that if she had that will power to stop why did she ever start up again?
She has been quit now for about 5 years solid. But I know sometimes she still wants one.

server extraordanare said...

I have had friends quit, who tell me they still crave them. That kinda scares me!
Congrats to the laundry fairy though

Princess of the Universe said...

Sorry, I've been out of the loop. I love love love you.
Hate the smoking.
Shocked much?
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Most of my friends and family smoke but i never felt the urge. Its funny how you seem to be the minority with your friends as a smoker and Im the minority as a non-smoker with mine.

You'll quit when you're ready!